Fence construction

Need a shearer? Offering fence construction? Let your fellow shepherds know. See announcement for terms and conditions.
JohnScott
Old Hand

Fence construction

Postby JohnScott » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Does anyone know a contractor to build a fence near Minneapolis, MN? (Carver County) I am looking to rent about 12 acres, but it needs a new fence. I am looking at a long term lease, and I want a solid fence. I could take the time to build it myself, but I do have a day job, and would rather have it done faster than I could do it. It is a pasture for sheep, so it will be a woven wire fence. Thank you!
John
www/Facebook/cannonriversuffolks
www.cannonriversuffolks.com

Judy Lewman
Old Hand

Re: Fence construction

Postby Judy Lewman » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi John:

Here are two you might try. I've not used either but have heard good things about each of them, and they've both been around for quite awhile. Hugh Kraemer installed the fixed-knot woven wire fences at Gale Woods Farm (Three Rivers Park District) in Minnetrista, just north of you. Matt Schaefer had a nice website up a few months ago but I wasn't able to find it tonight.

Grassland Solutions in Cokato: Matt Schaefer, 320-286-2196, grassland_solutions@yahoo.com
K Fence in Zumbro Falls: Hugh Kraemer, 507-753-2943, http://www.kfence.com/index.htm

Good luck with the fencing project, and welcome to the Forum!
Judy Lewman
Production Border Leicesters with Style and Substance
Minnesota http://springcreekleicesters.com

BigAsh Farms
Old Hand

Re: Fence construction

Postby BigAsh Farms » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:47 pm

I would second Grassland solutions. Talked with him at a farm show. He raises sheep himself as well as cattle. Seemed like a good guy that knew what he was doing.

Return to “Services Available or Wanted”