Nutrition Service

Need a shearer? Offering fence construction? Let your fellow shepherds know. See announcement for terms and conditions.
Bill Keough
Old Hand
Location: Sheep Nutritionist in Northeast/central WI - less than an hour from Green Bay

Nutrition Service

Postby Bill Keough » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Hello Everyone,

If you are in the market for a nutritionist that will balance your sheep diets with your forage samples, recommend grain feeding levels (if grain is fed) and balance your own custom mineral mix using my bk Sheep Base products AND then provide you with what the consumption rate of this mineral mix would be please check out my website www.bksheep.com for more details. On my website under the "contact us" tab I have a form you can fill out and then email direct to me.

No flock to small and for large flocks I can custom formulate a more specific vitamin pak. Not many companies will do this. I do not use thumb rules like "just add 2 - 5 lbs of this premix to 50 lbs of white salt and call me when you need more product". And yes, some sheep need phosphorus if the forage sample test to low in phosphorus.

I have customers in over 30 states and a Province in Canada. Thanks, Bill K

McMurry
Old Hand

Re: Nutrition Service

Postby McMurry » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:26 am

I can custom formulate a more specific vitamin pak

Bill,
glad to know of your serveries.
What is your batch size minimum for a custom vit & min premix that I can trough mix with salt here?
I actually need several different ones for different times of the year depending on my feed sources here at those times and it would work better to just stock the premixes vs the complete vit / mineral with all the salt.
the mill I use now has a one ton minimum regardless of whether it is a premix or complete product. Takes a while to use a ton of premix :?
Thanks, Andy

Bill Keough
Old Hand
Location: Sheep Nutritionist in Northeast/central WI - less than an hour from Green Bay

Re: Nutrition Service

Postby Bill Keough » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:49 pm

The company I work with has a smaller mixer that will do 500 lb batches. Please email me direct or better yet, if you go to my website http://www.bksheep.com and under the "contact us" tab you can fill out a flock information sheet that is the email directly to me. Thanks

Return to “Services Available or Wanted”