Wanted: Shearer in central Illinois

Need a shearer? Offering fence construction? Let your fellow shepherds know. See announcement for terms and conditions.
redgatefarm
Newcomer

Wanted: Shearer in central Illinois

Postby redgatefarm » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:49 pm

We are in need of a one-time shearer in central Illinois, about 25 miles nw of Springfield. We only have a small, new flock of 4 ewes needing shearing ASAP, so we have had difficulty finding anyone willing. Ewes are between 1 and 3 years old and have never been shorn, so this will be a job. Their wool is long, however, so if you are able to use the wool, we are happy to work something out for you to take it. Only 3 ewes have a potentially usable fleece, however, as 1's fleece was butchered by a previous shearing attempt. She simply needs a good clean up job. I can get you pics of the sheep with wool if interested.

Note: if it makes it more worth your while, I can arrange another job nearby with about 30 sheep, give or take, that also need shearing. She is also willing to work out a deal for the fleeces. Just PM me for more more info.
Dani
Central Illinois
Learning to be self-sufficient while raising our food the way God intended it to be.
You can follow our journey at http://www.redgatefarm.wordpress.com

Return to “Services Available or Wanted”