Text Only....Please!! :)

A place to discuss where and how to market our products. Users can share experiences with value-added enterprises, ask for information on costs, and find out who's paying what for what kind of lambs.
NOTE: If you have a service or product to advertise, please see the Marketplace section below.
Millstone Farm
Old Hand

Text Only....Please!! :)

Postby Millstone Farm » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:08 pm

I advertised my rams on Craigslist and have sold 7 locally, so far. The target market is in South Florida and I knew there would be folks with Cuban, Mexican, Middle Eastern or any other variety of accents so the ad says TEXT ONLY; but folks are still calling. I just got off the phone with another guy I just could not understand and the phone connection wasn't the best anyway. He said he would text back later. I guess that's what he said :)
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11

Wayne Webb
Millstone Farm
https://www.facebook.com/millstonefarm85
Chipley, FL

roadrancher
Old Hand

Re: Text Only....Please!! :)

Postby roadrancher » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Maybe just publish an e-mail address when you run the ad?

Millstone Farm
Old Hand

Postby Millstone Farm » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:51 pm

I guess I'll have to.
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11

Wayne Webb
Millstone Farm
Chipley, FL

ASheepAtTheWheel
Old Hand

Postby ASheepAtTheWheel » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:27 pm

I use an app on my iPhone that 's also available on Android called Burner. You purchase credits, then buy a phone# using your area code with those credits which you can use for things like Craigslist ads. Works for texts and voice calls. Either that, or don't answer any calls not in your address book and listen to voice mail then text back with the burner phone# to ask them if they need info on lambs.

Debbie (a techie who can be invisible if need be while staying connected)

Millstone Farm
Old Hand

Postby Millstone Farm » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:52 pm

Great idea.Thanks!

Wayne Webb
Millstone Farm
Chipley, FL

Return to “Markets and marketing”