Bunkerhill entry

A forum for discussion of these genetic measurement tools.
lambchop
Old Hand
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bunkerhill entry

Postby lambchop » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:12 pm

Someone told me there was a problem with the link. Try this one. click see all traits you should get where I was trying to post.

http://sgsearch.sheepgenetics.org.au/Se ... 7bea36&S=S
Paul Lewis
White Dorpers with Lambplan EBV's
www.whitedorper.com

cjhiemke
Old Hand
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cjhiemke » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:58 am

Well done Paul and Kathy. Has that ram's scan data been entered into LambPlan yet?
Cody Hiemke
Town of Pleasant Springs, WI
www.facebook.com/MapletonMyndShropshires

Darroll Grant
Old Hand

Postby Darroll Grant » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:25 am

His SRC puts him in the top 50 out of 9400 males. The colored squares indicate the top 10%. A number of generations of stacked EBVs.
Darroll Grant
western Oregon

lambchop
Old Hand

Postby lambchop » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:44 am

Cody,
We won't scan the lambs until late Sept. early Oct.

Paul
Paul Lewis
www.whitedorper.com

cjhiemke
Old Hand

Postby cjhiemke » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:20 am

Thanks Paul. That's what I figured. I track my accuracy changes based on the data going into system. The reason I asked is I noticed the ~50% accuracies on your carcass data and figured that data was less complete. Even though the data is less complete, I'm surprised your accuracies weren't higher considering your numbers and genetic links. Based on only BWT and/or WWT data in the system I start with 54-61% accuracies on carcass traits, and then get to low to mid 70s with carcass data entered.
Cody Hiemke
Town of Pleasant Springs, WI
www.facebook.com/MapletonMyndShropshires

lambchop
Old Hand

Postby lambchop » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:19 am

I am not sure why, but I have noticed that it is harder to get high accuracies on LP than NSIP. Haven't figured out why since as you say, we have several peer groups and huge amount of ties. We are going to increase the numbers in each peer group to try to move this up.
Paul Lewis
www.whitedorper.com

Wclones
Old Hand

Postby Wclones » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:27 am

Paul

Might we see one of these good rams in Spencer some day? Love to have you.

Peg Haese

Postby Peg Haese » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Return to “LambPlan and NSIP”