EZ Feeder: Round Bale Feeder

For discussion of tools like shearing gear, trailers, handling facilities all the way down the line to hoof shears. Sources, experiences, etc.
Chris Hoyt
Newcomer

EZ Feeder: Round Bale Feeder

Postby Chris Hoyt » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:20 pm

I said I'd post some pictures of the pan mocked up in the feeder so here you go...

The little feeder on the back is our first prototype, we're giving it away to be put to the test. The big one up front is the model we're selling. This particular one is sold but we'll have more soon.

There will be six holes in the pan for drainage and there will be end pieces that go on the ends of the feeder. That's probably where we'll put the advertising, similar to Bale Jail. All the sheet metal will be screwed in with sheet metal screws, that way it's replaceable.

We're going to start figuring out how we're going to flat pack and fixture these things this weekend. It'll probably take a few weekends to get it done. So hopefully, in six weeks or so, we'll have flat packed versions available that will bolt together and still be solid.

For those of you interested in roofs, we're going to build them but probably not for a couple months. We would like your input on design...you guys like the Bale Jail design? If so, we'll go with something similar but better.

Let us know what you think. I'll post more pictures after they're galvanized and we've got all the sheet metal screwed down.

Thanks
Chris Hoyt
Owner: Mid Valley Fab LLC
Stayton, Oregon

Return to “Tools of the trade”