Drawn out lambing

Here's the place for oldies but goodies -- topics that have not been active for a while but that contain excellent information that users may want to refer to later.
Bill Fosher
Chief Shepherd

Re: Drawn out lambing

Postby Bill Fosher » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Antitoxin is a lot more expensive. Just felt the need to point that out in case anyone was going to make another frugal Yankee joke at my expense. :wink:
Bill Fosher
Westmoreland, NH

Phil Crome
Old Hand

Postby Phil Crome » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Gail,

I am sorry that what I intended as a joke looked like a dismissal of your success as nothing more than good luck rather than good management. In my own case, even though I vaccinate old ewes and lambs 2x, I will occasionally have a big bottle lamb make a hog of himself and get a bad belly-ache curable with anti-toxin and penicillin. It's almost always a lamb with a compromised mother, lamb not quite old enough to vaccinate. That's certainly my bad management, not yours. Your program sounds excellent, and again I apologize for being dismissive, however unintentionally.

Phil Crome
Phil Crome

UA Local 23 Journeyman and part-time shepherd
Elizabeth, IL

"Have you had a fecal test done?": probably my epitaph.

gail
Old Hand

Postby gail » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:32 am

Hey Phil -

oh these pesky message boards - I took it as a joke & didn't intend for my reply to make it seem any other way.

I am still debating baling on the sheep and buying lottery tickets though............................gail

Bill Fosher
Chief Shepherd

Postby Bill Fosher » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:08 am

In my experience, you have a better chance of retiring on the proceeds of lottery tix.
Bill Fosher

Westmoreland, NH

Return to “Archives”