Stockdog Herding Clinics - Indiana

List sheep, farm, and agricultural business events here. Not for events that are primarily show-ring events.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
denice
Old Hand

Stockdog Herding Clinics - Indiana

Postby denice » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:46 pm

I have a couple herding clinics planned for the first part of 2013.
Jack Knox - April 26, 27, 28 and Thad Buckler - June 2013( we haven't yet picked a weekend)

Jack grew up in Scotland and began working with dogs in his youth. When he was 15 he was working as a shepherd and continued working as a shepherd in Scotland and then in the US. Jack was one of the very first to offer clinics as a way to help folks with their stockdogs. Jack and his family have a farm in western MO where they raise North Country Cheviots and Angus cattle. Both Jack and Kathy travel thoughout the year across the US working with handlers and their dogs. Jack is always very willing to share is lifetime of knowledge and experience with all of us. His passion is sharing what he has learned from these dogs. He is a true stockman. This is Jack's 7th clinic here I believe and I always learn new things from him, I would enjoy having some of you come join us. The working spots are limited, there is plenty to learn from watching as well so audit spots are unlimited. Dogs get Jack like few others I have seen.

Thad is from Edmonton Alberta. He has a large mixed hair flock there, 600 ewes these days I believe. He also grazes some cattle spring and summer and does some backcountry horse pack trips when he can get away. Thad is a very straight forward trainer. He breaks things down easily into steps that make perfect sense. He tries to get the best from the dog by being a quiet confident leader the dog respects and wants to work with.

I will have details about these clinics on my web site.
Feel free to email me with any questions. denice.r@lycos.com

DeltaBluez Tess
Old Hand

Re: Stockdog Herding Clinics - Indiana

Postby DeltaBluez Tess » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Jack is fantastic and if you can go to a clinic, RUN to go to it!

I learned how to handle sheep, my dog and what was really key; how to train myself so I was effective than an hindance!

Thanks Denise for offering this to folks.....

Bill Fosher
Chief Shepherd

Re: Stockdog Herding Clinics - Indiana

Postby Bill Fosher » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:17 pm

I'll second the endorsement of Jack Knox. I learned more from him than all the other clinicians I've worked with combined. And the others were pretty darn good.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Events, conferences, etc.”